Sunday, March 8, 2015

Day 4: Feeling Unseen

When you feel unseen, choose to believe He knows your needs. Genesis 16: 13, "Thereafter, Hagar used another name to refer to the LORD, who had spoken to her. 'You are the God who sees me.' She also said, 'Have I truly seen the One who sees me?'

Have you ever carried something really heavy through a room full of people and no one offered to help you? How did that make you feel? It made you feel invisible, unseen, uncared for.

Have you ever gotten hurt in a soccer game and the referee wanted to take you out, but you insisted you wanted to stay in, and did? And when you got to the bench, the coach didn't even see that you got hurt? That happened to me once and it felt terrible, even worse than my swollen face!

We all want to be seen. Everyone wants to feel seen. This can turn into pride as we seek the center of attention. But feeling invisible is pretty tough. Can I encourage you to, when in these moments, think about the verse above? Also, think about how much your God has loved you and sees you at all times, both when you want Him to, and when you'd rather He didn't. God loves you no matter what.


No comments:

Post a Comment