Saturday, March 7, 2015

Day 3: Feeling alone

As homeschoolers, it is kind of hard to socialize with other people. I played soccer last year and the years prior, but since I am taking the season off, I am really only going to three things: youth group, co-op, and church. It can be hard to feel like you have a lot of friends when you are in a room alone. So, today's topic is the feeling of aloneness.

When you feel alone, choose to believe He'll never leave you. Deuteronomy 31:8 says, "It is the LORD who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed."

I have never had a boyfriend, but I have seen the pain in my friends' faces as they go about life after a break-up. I have seen it get even harder when a mutual friend started dating the person they had been dating. I have sensed a huge feeling of aloneness about them as they go about their everyday life. If you have ever broken up with someone, I think you can agree with my friends' feelings. It's hard. Part of the reason I am not allowed to date till I'm 18.

When you feel alone, don't lock yourself in. Don't let those thoughts of, "Nobody loves me," go through your mind. God loves you. He will never leave you. If you feel like someone is struggling with this aloneness disease, go to them. Talk with them and comfort them. Even if you don't want to be friends, give them the feeling that they are being heard.

I am shy. REALLY shy. When I see people at youth group, I feel really awkward. But some people will always go to me. They will greet me and ask me how my week has been. They make me feel heard.

Take the time to make someone feel heard.  Even if you are struggling with feeling alone yourself, I am sure you can find someone else struggling too. Maybe you will be able to encourage each other. Remember, God will never leave you. Even if you move far away and lose all your friends, God is still there. He will never leave you or forsake you.

No comments:

Post a Comment