Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Good Morning!

Hello guys!
I feel much better this morning. Tired, but better. I hope you guys had a good Monday yesterday. I am like Garfield. Mondays are the worst. But, one more day till Hump-Day! And one more day till finals for me. :/ Kind of nervous about that. I know God will help me to do my best, even if my best is a B.
I got my final grades back yesterday. I got a 98 in Spanish, a 95 in American Literature, and a 95 in Chemistry. I am trying to push for an A average this year. Last year, I had one B, and in 9th Grade, I had one B as well. Both Bs were in Math class. Me no likey math.
Isn't this weather weird? It will go down in the 20s one week and then it's back in the upper 70s the next! Georgia has up and down weather that's for sure. I am hoping there will be snow this year. With weather like this we may have snow one day and the next, we can go swimming. Weird!
Pushing with my book "Daniel." I am hoping to finish editing it and writing it by this next summer. Which is both exciting and it makes me nervous. The company I wanted to publish it with unexpectedly closed, so I am going to ask for advice from a friend at my church. She has written a whole trilogy and is publishing the first book herself. Apparently you can do it for free! I already have my picture styled and picked out. I want to format it a little more, though. Below is the cover I am thinking about using.
Yesterday was the Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies live premiere in London. I watched a little of it, and it was stinkin awesome! I wish I could have been there, but I am thankful that I was able to see it.
My Nana gave me a devotional for me to read. I read it yesterday, and it really brought me down to earth. The message it spoke is "You aren't going to get anywhere being good for your spouse, children, siblings, parents, or friends. You need to do it for Jesus knowing without Him you could never be good." Wow. You know, when I rinse the dishes, take care of my sisters, clean toilets, whatever, I see it as doing it for my parents. I don't see it as doing it for God. That is something that I struggle with. Another thing I struggle with is planning for the next day. I don't know what is going to happen 15 min. from now. I have a basic idea that I will take my finals tomorrow, but all that can change in a heartbeat. God has the Plan. I need to rely on Him instead of making my own plan. Basically, don't put stuff off for tomorrow.
James 4:13-17 "Come now, you who say,“Today or tomorrow we will go into such and such a town and spend a year there and trade and make a profit”—14 yet you do not know what tomorrow will bring. What is your life? For tyou are a mist that appears for a little time and then vanishes.15 Instead you ought to say, “If the Lord wills, we will live and do this or that.” 16 As it is, you boast in your arrogance. All such boasting is evil.17 So whoever knows the right thing to do and fails to do it, for him it is sin."


No comments:

Post a Comment