Tuesday, October 7, 2014

Tears and then a Laugh

Washing the dishes today I had an accident. My favorite limited-edition, 1976, Centennial American Mickey Mouse Glass broke. In my hands. Of course, I cried. For a while. Mom was able to fix it, but I won't be able to drink out of it again. Then the girls started looking with wide-eyes at my hand. In my freaking out about a glass I had cut my hand and popped a blood vessel. So the girls were looking at a very bloody hand. They had never seen so much blood before. (Well now I've ruined that!) Well, Mom fixed up my hand which still didn't hurt. Looking back at the girls' faces I can't help but laugh. They were so surprised to see that much "red stuff" on my hand.
Crying really helped me. I didn't cry just because of the glass, but I cried because of the stress, hormones, frustration, all of it. And then I wiped my tears away and returned to my school. I hope I don't surprise the girls anymore though!

No comments:

Post a Comment