Saturday, October 4, 2014

Falling Down

Some days are just days filled with struggle. You get up, and then everything goes wrong. Of course in your mind, you are doing nothing wrong. The thing is, you need to just stop and pray. God will show you your sin. For me, that was disrespecting my parents. Sometimes, especially after being around my friends, I treat my parents as if they were my buddies. Well, like my Mom said, "I'm not your buddy." Your parents aren't your peers. They are older and far wiser and deserve respect. Your parents will be there for you, and they love you so very much, but disrespect tears down harmony and friendship.
For those of you who have divorcing parents, divorced parents, or just parents that are never around, pray for your parents. Pray for God to make you a light to them if they are not saved. The best thing to build trust and harmony is to treat them as your elders. Even if they sin or make huge mistakes, you need to give them that. And trust me, I am talking to myself here. I am FAARRRRRRRR from perfect. But with Christ's hope in my life, I know that I am perfect in God's eyes because all He sees is Jesus. Let that be encouragement to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment