Friday, December 9, 2016

For the Weary and Doubting

Matthew 11:28-29, "Come to me all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls."

Every day life is filled with stress of various levels and types. With all the anxiety this world has to offer, it is easy to become weary. To lay in bed at night, worried about how this next bill is going to get paid. Finances, health, friends, family, relationships, education and so much more just lead to a boat load of stress. There are good days and bad days....

But...what about the bad? What happens when you have to borrow money again so you can eat? When you can't sleep because you are worried about finals.... It is my belief that weariness is the result of fear and anxiety. But what do we do with it?

Honestly... it gets really hard to write this kind of posts. For me... I am going through this right now. And I'm just a bit tired of telling myself... and others to just give it all to God. It isn't an easy choice. Nor is it one easily made! Often times.... it gets hard to believe He really is there...

BUT... He is. He is right here. We may not see him, and we may not always feel like He is. It's in these moments of our life... when the devil leads us to doubt... that our faith is strengthened. Because that's what the cure is too this wretched world of sin, pain, and anxiety. Faith.

"Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen." Hebrews 11:1

When you get in those moments of doubting... of weariness... cast it all on Him. Go to the One who makes all things new. Personally, it helps to take some time alone. No phone... no distractions. Just you and God. I love to bring a journal with me when I pray. Mom taught me during high school to use a prayer journal. Writing to God really helps me.

Prayer-- Dear Father, please help me to do your will today. To lean on you when it gets hard. Strengthen my faith that I may share your good news with others. Help me not to doubt. --Amen

Psalm 62:1, "Truly my soul finds rest in God; my salvation comes from Him."

No comments:

Post a Comment