Thursday, August 6, 2015

Waiting

Life is full of waiting. There's waiting for exciting things like snow in the comic below. There's waiting for hard things, like test results. Waiting can be hard either way. So what do we do in the meantime? Well, the first thing is be patient. I know this is like the hardest thing sometimes, but it is important. James 5:8 says, "Be you also patient; establish your hearts: for the coming of the Lord draws near." So even when it gets hard and you find yourself being anxious, remember, God is with you and above all has a plan for you, plans to prosper you and not to harm you. Even when life is hard, remember that. God has a reason for everything, the amount of time until the next snowstorm. And on.
I don't know if you guys know this but I am writing a book. It is called "Daniel." It is a historical fiction book about a slave boy who befriends a Christian master's son. Daniel is learning to forgive as the book goes on. Maybe at some point I will post some of it on here.

I went on a run today. It felt good, surprisingly. I don't normally like running, but the longer I ran, the easier it got. However, the hard part was my company. My brothers came with me. They thought it was a GREAT idea to splash in every single puddle on the rode, or off it. And if they hit me with the water? BONUS POINTS!!!!!! You guys are probably laughing about that, and I am now, but in the moment, it was VERY frustrating.

The Hobbit the Battle of the Five Armies Extended Edition (wow that's a mouthful) got an R-rating the other day. That kind of disappointed me. I really love Tolkien's work, and I feel like Tolkien wrote The Hobbit to all readers. Now that it is an R-rated movie, it is definitely not going to be one of those movies to watch with the family. From the age of 6 I have been watching at least part of the Lord of the Rings trilogy, Even though it was rated PG-13, I was allowed to see the beautiful Shire scenes, gaze at the beauty of the Misty Mountains, and all the other non-violent parts. It will now be really hard to show the third Hobbit to my 3 year old, 6 year old, and 9 year old sisters. But then again...maybe some of this violence will be with little CGI????I guess only time will tell.

I have to go, but it sure is nice writing again. I really miss writing on those busy days. Well, until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment