Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Senior Year, The Dark Knight, Dogs, and more

I am three weeks into my senior year. So far it has been really easy. Too easy in fact. I am going to try to graduate early. I am taking economics, statistics, algebra 2, British literature, Pre-Med, Spanish 2, Music Appreciation, Art Appreciation, and a couple of Bible classes. It seems like a lot, but it doesn't feel like it. I am hoping it will take more time later. Mom says I can get a job in December if I don't fall behind and I get ahead in school. It would be nice to graduate in March or April. I guess only God knows what's going to happen.
I hope your school year is going well. Last year was really hard for me, but now it is getting easier. Here's a tip (or a few). Instead of procrastinating, try to keep accountable with a schedule. When you go to bed, go to bed. Don't spend time thinking back on the day or thinking about tomorrow and its schedule. Take time to get away from school. Sometimes all I needed was to go outside and take a walk. It cleared my brain and helped me to think better when I started back on my school. Doing school to music really helps me think. My favorite music to listen to with school is The Dark Knight soundtrack. It helps me to work fast and well. The upbeat rhythm gets me working faster and my brain works faster. When caught in a slump, try some music. At the end of the day, take time to spend in the Word. Talk to God about your day. Write it out to Him in a prayer journal. That will help you more than anything else. God will help you to get through the hard times.
We have a dog now. His name is Bilbo (go figure). He has had ringworm for the past month or two and we were just now able to let him out of his cage. The girls were so cute playing with him and Bilbo loved it. He was running around licking and nosing the girls like crazy. It's funny. Noah calls him Bibliodography. Dad called him fuzz butt the other day because Bilbo was walking around with fuzz attached to his rump.

I am so blessed to have a good friend now. Her name is Macie. She really encourages me and makes me laugh. The other day we read Nahum together and Jesus Calling. It was really sweet. You all would like her. She loves the Lord of the Rings as well, but she really loves The Dark Knight trilogy. She also has a blog. She has some really good stuff on there, so you should check her out. http://www.makingartforgod.blogspot.com/

Well, I have to go. But I am hoping to start writing more frequently. We'll see if that happens. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment