Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Squealing Tires

Last night my Dad scared me really bad. On a empty road late at night he went from 45 mph to 0 mph in just a few seconds. I had been praying and he scared me so bad. I thought, "That's it!" My eyes opened expecting to see headlights of a car about to hit us, but instead I saw an empty road. My Dad had said, "Brake Check!" but I didn't hear him.
Needless to say this shook me up really bad. Though I know with certainty that if it had been a head on collision I would have been ready to meet God, I don't know about my readers. Our life is so short. You don't always die of old age or accidents. One of my Mom's friends had a son. That son was a Christian college student. One day his Dad found him in his bed dead. It wasn't suicide and he wasn't killed. God just sent him home to be with him.
Another example of this is in Genesis 5:24, "Enoch walked with God, and he was not, for God took him."
I don't want to sound dark and brooding, but you never know when you may be called home. You need to make sure you are ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment