Friday, September 12, 2014

Christy Miller

One of my favorite series is the Christy Miller Series by Robin Jones Gunn. Her books encourage me and even though I may never face some of the challenges that Christy faced, I am better prepared for helping others with similar troubles. The books cover her story from Freshman year in high school to graduating from college and getting married to: I am not going to tell you. The books share the Gospel in an easy to understand way and it helps girls to grow in their faith as Christy does. Christy isn't the perfect heroine that you might find in other books. She struggles too. She matures though and you see her become a believer.
These books inspire me because I have always wanted to share the Gospel with other teenage girls. Though my excuse might be that everyone I know is a Christian, there are some girls on my soccer team who might need the love that Katie gave Christy. I need to share the Gospel to them too. My hope is that you too will be encouraged by these books as you realize that these are problems you face and you see how Christy overcome then and know how to overcome them yourself.
But don't get me wrong here. These books could never replace the Bible. Robin Jones Gunn wrote these books to help girls to go back to the Bible and realize that it is still cool. Though this covers problems not talked about in the Bible, she does a very good job at referencing Bible verses that have a connection to it.
All in all, I think that these books are a must-read for every girl on this planet.
This is the first three books in the series. You can find it at most libraries.

No comments:

Post a Comment