Sunday, October 9, 2016

Depressed

Honestly today I started out feeling depressed. Then it just gradually got worse and worse. I finally just ran to God and cried out to him, almost screaming. An extraordinary amount of pain was going through me, clenching my heart. I felt like such a failure. Heartbroken and crushed. I'm not going into details about what happened right now...it is too soon.

Do you ever have days like that? Where you physically feel like you just can't take it anymore. When the devil, and yes I believe that it is the devil that speaks those awful words, tells you that you are unwanted, a mistake....That is an ongoing battle for me. This depression. Where is God in the midst of this storm? Why does He allow us to go through that? These are questions I desperately hope to help answer in this entry.

Romans 8:28 says, "And we know that for those who love God all things work together for good, for those who are called according to his purpose." One of the most difficult questions Christians are asked is, "Why do bad things happen to good people?" There is no clear answer that we can really give...only God knows the full answer. Romans 3:12, "All have turned aside; together they have become worthless; no one does good, not even one." Thus....we are all sinners. So there really aren't good people. A friend of mine once told me...sometimes God allows bad things to happen because it grows our faith. Encourages our walk. Honestly, I think that is true. I always grow closer to the Lord during trying times. The good times too...but the harder times are...the closer I feel.

God is right by your side....during the good times and bad. He loves you more than you could ever imagine. Even though family, friends, etc might turn their back...He will never leave you nor forsake you. I know it gets hard to believe that...trust me I do. Proverbs 3:5-6, "Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge Him and He will make straight your paths." Deuteronomy 31:8, "It is the Lord who goes before you. He will be with you; he will not leave you or forsake you. Do not fear or be dismayed." Psalms 9:9, "The Lord is a refuge for the oppressed, a stronghold in times of trouble."

Dear child of God, do not let this world and its problems get you down. Don't take on the stress and problems of the world on your shoulders alone. God is there. Reach out to Him. Cry out to Him. John 3:16, "For God so loved the world that He gave His only Son....so that whoever believe in Him shall not perish but have eternal life." What you are going through...whatever it is...give it to the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment